ABC7 Traffic Center
Outerbridge Crossing, George Washington Bridge work suspended for holiday weekend
NEWARK -- Two New York-area bridges will be easier to cross this Labor Day weekend.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says it will suspend construction on the George Washington Bridge and Outerbridge Crossing from early Friday until Tuesday.
Overnight construction on the George Washington Bridge has closed off three of four lanes on the upper level. The Outerbridge Crossing connecting New Jersey and Staten Island has been closed overnight for repaving.
Construction on both bridges will resume Tuesday night. Work on the Outerbridge is scheduled to be completed in October, while the George Washington Bridge project is expected to last through the end of the year.
george washington bridge, abc7 traffic center
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park