ABC7 Traffic Center
Outerbridge Crossing, George Washington Bridge work suspended for holiday weekend
NEWARK -- Two New York-area bridges will be easier to cross this Labor Day weekend.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says it will suspend construction on the George Washington Bridge and Outerbridge Crossing from early Friday until Tuesday.
Overnight construction on the George Washington Bridge has closed off three of four lanes on the upper level. The Outerbridge Crossing connecting New Jersey and Staten Island has been closed overnight for repaving.
Construction on both bridges will resume Tuesday night. Work on the Outerbridge is scheduled to be completed in October, while the George Washington Bridge project is expected to last through the end of the year.
george washington bridge, abc7 traffic center
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 5 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos