ABC7 Traffic Center
Outerbridge Crossing, George Washington Bridge work suspended for holiday weekend
NEWARK -- Two New York-area bridges will be easier to cross this Labor Day weekend.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says it will suspend construction on the George Washington Bridge and Outerbridge Crossing from early Friday until Tuesday.
Overnight construction on the George Washington Bridge has closed off three of four lanes on the upper level. The Outerbridge Crossing connecting New Jersey and Staten Island has been closed overnight for repaving.
Construction on both bridges will resume Tuesday night. Work on the Outerbridge is scheduled to be completed in October, while the George Washington Bridge project is expected to last through the end of the year.
george washington bridge, abc7 traffic center
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos