ABC7 Traffic Center
Route 139 in Jersey City opes after overnight repairs
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A portion of Route 139 in Jersey City where concrete fell is open again after it was closed for inspection and repairs overnight.
Repairs are expected to continue throughout the week, with overnight westbound closures, out of an abundance of caution to make sure no more concrete falls.
During those hours, traffic will be diverted to the upper level, the local Jersey City streets.
The inspections could go into the weekend or even next week.
During the inspections, the crews will tap the concrete with hammers and listen. The crews can tell where there may be internal separation of the concrete.
The state DOT is not expecting any more concrete to fall.
It is unknown what caused the concrete to fall on Wednesday. No one was injured.
This section of concrete was slated to be replaced during a full closure of the highway in 2014.
new jersey, jersey city, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor... 5 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services 35 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College...
5 min ago