ABC7 Traffic Center
Route 139 in Jersey City opes after overnight repairs
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A portion of Route 139 in Jersey City where concrete fell is open again after it was closed for inspection and repairs overnight.
Repairs are expected to continue throughout the week, with overnight westbound closures, out of an abundance of caution to make sure no more concrete falls.
During those hours, traffic will be diverted to the upper level, the local Jersey City streets.
The inspections could go into the weekend or even next week.
During the inspections, the crews will tap the concrete with hammers and listen. The crews can tell where there may be internal separation of the concrete.
The state DOT is not expecting any more concrete to fall.
It is unknown what caused the concrete to fall on Wednesday. No one was injured.
This section of concrete was slated to be replaced during a full closure of the highway in 2014.
new jersey, jersey city, abc7 traffic center
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 36 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists to protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
36 min ago