ABC7 Traffic Center
Hutchinson River Parkway jammed by stuck bridge gate
PELHAM MANOR (WABC) -- Major traffic problems were reported on the Hutchinson River Parkway in Westchester County on Monday.
The parkway was closed southbound between Pelhamdale Avenue and the Hutchinson River Drawbridge because the gate at the bridge is stuck in the down position.
This is the Pelham Manor section of Westchester County.
The gate got stuck just before 1:00 p.m. Repairs were completed around 2:30 p.m.
Traffic was backed up for miles to the Cross County Parkway at the height of the problem. Northbound traffic was not affected.
abc7 traffic center
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 13 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning 52 min ago
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight... 30 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
13 min ago