ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway service restored after power failure in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- For the second time in 24 hours, power problems knocked out subway service on some lines in Manhattan.
Officials said a power outage at Central Park West and West 81st Street on the Upper West Side caused ths problems on Friday morning.
The suspensions began shortly after 10:00 a.m.
A, B, C, D, E and M train service was impaced. Eyewitness News reporter Stacey Sager reports that four trains were stuck in tunnels. They were cleared of passengers by 11:00 a.m.
Service resumed around 11:30 with extensive delays.
Friday's issue followed a power failure that knocked out subway service on the same lines Thursday night. Service resumed with local service only just before 11 p.m.
For more information please visit: http://www.mta.info
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos