ABC7 Traffic Center
Amtrak's sightseeing 'Dome Car' coming to upstate New York
ALBANY -- Amtrak is bringing its one-and-only "Dome Car" to upstate New York for the fall leaf-peeping season.
The car features an upper level with windows on all sides and overhead to give passengers good views of the fall colors on the route from Albany to Montreal through Oct. 29.
The refurbished vintage car dates to 1955 and has a dome section running the full length of the car.
The dome car will operate northbound from Albany to Montreal on Thursdays, Saturdays and Mondays. It returns south from Montreal on Fridays, Sundays, and Tuesdays.
All passengers traveling on the Albany-Montreal segment of the route are welcome to enter the dome car to enjoy the view. Seats in the dome car are not reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 16 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 59 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
28 min ago