ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices down sharply, according to AAA
TRENTON, N.J. -- Motorists are seeing sharply lower prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.41, down 7 cents from last week.
That's also much lower than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.82.
The national average price was $3.49, down 5 cents from last week. That's also much lower than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.85.
Analysts say the falling prices are due to fluctuating crude oil prices and the switch to less expensive winter-blended gasoline.
gas prices, travel, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos