ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices down sharply, according to AAA
TRENTON, N.J. -- Motorists are seeing sharply lower prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.41, down 7 cents from last week.
That's also much lower than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.82.
The national average price was $3.49, down 5 cents from last week. That's also much lower than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.85.
Analysts say the falling prices are due to fluctuating crude oil prices and the switch to less expensive winter-blended gasoline.
gas prices, travel, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey