ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR restores service after substation fire
ISLAND PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- The LIRR has restored full service on the Long Beach Branch following an earlier fire. The first Westbound train will depart Long Beach at 4:25PM. The first Eastbound will depart Valley Stream at 4:22PM.
The LIRR had suspended service Saturday between Valley Stream and Long Beach due to a fire at a substation in Island Park.
Local service continued to operate on the Long Beach Branch between Jamaica and Valley Stream.
Buses were secured for Long Beach customers, arriving at Long Beach early Saturday afternoon.
All Babylon Branch westbound trains added stops at Lynbrook to accommodate customers from the Long Beach Branch.
Investigators are still looking into what caused the fire.
mass transit, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 1 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
34 min ago