ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR restores service after substation fire
ISLAND PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- The LIRR has restored full service on the Long Beach Branch following an earlier fire. The first Westbound train will depart Long Beach at 4:25PM. The first Eastbound will depart Valley Stream at 4:22PM.
The LIRR had suspended service Saturday between Valley Stream and Long Beach due to a fire at a substation in Island Park.
Local service continued to operate on the Long Beach Branch between Jamaica and Valley Stream.
Buses were secured for Long Beach customers, arriving at Long Beach early Saturday afternoon.
All Babylon Branch westbound trains added stops at Lynbrook to accommodate customers from the Long Beach Branch.
Investigators are still looking into what caused the fire.
mass transit, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken 12 min ago
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 9 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos