ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR restores service after substation fire
ISLAND PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- The LIRR has restored full service on the Long Beach Branch following an earlier fire. The first Westbound train will depart Long Beach at 4:25PM. The first Eastbound will depart Valley Stream at 4:22PM.
The LIRR had suspended service Saturday between Valley Stream and Long Beach due to a fire at a substation in Island Park.
Local service continued to operate on the Long Beach Branch between Jamaica and Valley Stream.
Buses were secured for Long Beach customers, arriving at Long Beach early Saturday afternoon.
All Babylon Branch westbound trains added stops at Lynbrook to accommodate customers from the Long Beach Branch.
Investigators are still looking into what caused the fire.
mass transit, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 29 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 38 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead 13 min ago
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 32 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
29 min ago