ABC7 Traffic Center
Amtrak service issues due to power problem
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Due to the ongoing commerical power problem in the New York area affecting Metro-North Railroad territory, Amtrak Acela Express service will not operate between New York and Boston through Sunday. However, Amtrak Northeast Regional service will operate under diesel power through the affected area.
Additional cars have been added to Northeast Regional trains to add capacity to accommodate Acela Express passengers traveling between New York and Boston. Passengers should expect delays of up to 90 minutes due to the continued diesel operation.
Acela Express and Northeast Regional trains will operate normally between New York and Washington, D.C.
Amtrak is coordinating with Metro-North Railroad and local authorities, and will resume normal operations as quickly and safely as possible when advised that power is restored.
A determination Acela Express service for Monday, September 30, will be made when additional information is available.
For more information visit: www.amtrak.com
mass transit, amtrak, abc7 traffic center
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park