ABC7 Traffic Center
Amtrak service issues due to power problem
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Due to the ongoing commerical power problem in the New York area affecting Metro-North Railroad territory, Amtrak Acela Express service will not operate between New York and Boston through Sunday. However, Amtrak Northeast Regional service will operate under diesel power through the affected area.
Additional cars have been added to Northeast Regional trains to add capacity to accommodate Acela Express passengers traveling between New York and Boston. Passengers should expect delays of up to 90 minutes due to the continued diesel operation.
Acela Express and Northeast Regional trains will operate normally between New York and Washington, D.C.
Amtrak is coordinating with Metro-North Railroad and local authorities, and will resume normal operations as quickly and safely as possible when advised that power is restored.
A determination Acela Express service for Monday, September 30, will be made when additional information is available.
For more information visit: www.amtrak.com
mass transit, amtrak, abc7 traffic center
- Newtown 911 calls released 44 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park 47 min ago
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds 1 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos