ABC7 Traffic Center
GWB lower level to close overnight for emergency drill
FORT LEE, N.J. (WABC) -- The lower level of the George Washington Bridge will be closed Saturday night starting at 9 p.m. for an emergency response drill.
The drill will include smoke and emergency vehicles as the Port Authority Police and first responders test response procedures.
The upper level will remain open overnight and the lower level will reopen Sunday morning at 8 a.m.
Members of the public may notice smoke conditions and emergency vehicles as part of the drill.
Drill participants include the NYPD, FDNY, Fort Lee, Englewood Cliffs and Bergen County police departments, the New Jersey State Police, the FBI and the Palisades Interstate Parkway Police Department.
george washington bridge, abc7 traffic center
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide