ABC7 Traffic Center
NJ Transit rail service resumes after signal problems
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- New Jersey Transit rail service has resumed on all lines following signal problems Tuesday morning.
Service is subject to delays of up to one hour following the issues that resulted in the temporary suspension of train service on all lines except the Northeast Corridor.
At approximately 9 a.m., the NJ TRANSIT Rail Operations Center experienced a problem with both computer servers that control the railroad's Train Management and Control System (TMAC), resulting in a loss of signals on all NJ TRANSIT-controlled rail lines. NJ TRANSIT personnel worked to correct the problem as quickly as possible.
Signal problems impact the ability of NJ TRANSIT to safely provide full passenger rail service. As a precaution, NJ TRANSIT suspended passenger rail service until signals could be restored. All trains remained fully powered during the disruption, with train crews providing announcements to customers.
At this time, service is being restored on the following rail lines:
To offer customers alternate transportation options, NJ TRANSIT established cross-honoring with NJ TRANSIT bus and light rail, private carrier bus lines, and with PATH.
NJ TRANSIT also deployed additional customer service representatives to key transit hubs to assist customers during this time.
Customers are encouraged to check NJTransit.com for the latest information before starting their trip.
new jersey transit, new jersey news, mass transit, subway, bus, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide