ABC7 Traffic Center
NJ Transit Montclair line resumes service
MONCLAIR (WABC) -- NJ Transit service on the Montclair-Boonton Line is back in service after downed overhead wires within the vicinity of Watsessing Avenue in Bloomfield.
Crews from NJT, PSE&G and Comcast were on the scene. A preliminary investigation found that the downed lines resulted from a downed power pole, triggered by a tree trimming contractor working on private property. The contractor was not working for and is not affiliated with NJ TRANSIT, officials said.
Some residual delays should still be expected.
new jersey transit, new jersey news, mass transit, subway, bus, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane 44 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns 7 min ago
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning 24 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 40 min ago
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
3 min ago