ABC7 Traffic Center
Hard hit Sandy areas get free subway rides Tuesday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA is marking the anniversary of Superstorm Sandy with free subway rides for people in hard hit neighborhoods.
On Tuesday, rides will be free from certain stations:
-On the "A" train between Howard Beach and the Rockaway Peninsula in Queens.
-And the "R" train between Bay Ridge 95th Street and Court Streets in Brooklyn.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 27 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 25 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 32 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash