ABC7 Traffic Center
Port Authority toll hike takes effect for EZ Pass drivers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A toll hike took effect Sunday, adding 75 cents to the EZ pass toll for all of the Port Authority's bridges and tunnels.
That means off-peak tolls have risen to $9, while peak tolls went up to $11.
The cash price will remain the same: $13.
Tolls for trucks are also going up. The heaviest burden will be borne by trucks or towing combinations with six or more axles. Their off-peak E-ZPass rate has risen from $66 to $78, while the peak E-ZPass rate went from $72 to $84.
All rates apply to the Lincoln & Holland tunnels, the George Washington, Bayonne & Goethals bridges, and the Outerbridge Crossing.
Peak hours are weekdays from 6-10 a.m. and 4-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Off-peak hours are all other times.
It is the third in a series of five Port Authority toll hikes that will end in 2015.
port authority, tolls, toll hike, abc7 traffic center
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 11 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 40 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos