ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Metro-North Hudson Line trains will be 100% back on schedule for Thursday morning's commute after Sunday's deadly derailment.
Crews from Metro-North Railroad have completed the reconstruction of a second Hudson Line track in the area of Sunday's derailment, allowing for the resumption of full service.
The work, including new ties, ballast, running rails, third rails and signal system, was completed in mid-afternoon on Wednesday and it was inspected by the Sperry Rail Car, which uses ultrasonic technology.
"I want to thank our customers for their patience during the railroad's recovery from this most tragic accident," said Metro-North President Howard Permut. "And I want to thank the dedicated men and women of Metro-North who worked long and hard to achieve this reconstruction."
A full AM peak service will be provided on the Hudson Line Thursday. The three trains that did not run on Wednesday morning will be restored to the schedule.
Reconstruction of Track 4, the most seriously damaged, will continue for the remainder of the week.
Ridership on the Hudson Line was about 25% below the normal AM peak on Wednesday, possibly as some customers diverted to the Harlem Line. The railroad expects customers to return on Thursday.
mass transit, metro north, metro north derailment, abc7 traffic center
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 45 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
26 min ago