ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Metro-North Hudson Line trains will be 100% back on schedule for Thursday morning's commute after Sunday's deadly derailment.
Crews from Metro-North Railroad have completed the reconstruction of a second Hudson Line track in the area of Sunday's derailment, allowing for the resumption of full service.
The work, including new ties, ballast, running rails, third rails and signal system, was completed in mid-afternoon on Wednesday and it was inspected by the Sperry Rail Car, which uses ultrasonic technology.
"I want to thank our customers for their patience during the railroad's recovery from this most tragic accident," said Metro-North President Howard Permut. "And I want to thank the dedicated men and women of Metro-North who worked long and hard to achieve this reconstruction."
A full AM peak service will be provided on the Hudson Line Thursday. The three trains that did not run on Wednesday morning will be restored to the schedule.
Reconstruction of Track 4, the most seriously damaged, will continue for the remainder of the week.
Ridership on the Hudson Line was about 25% below the normal AM peak on Wednesday, possibly as some customers diverted to the Harlem Line. The railroad expects customers to return on Thursday.
mass transit, metro north, metro north derailment, abc7 traffic center
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos