ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Metro-North Hudson Line trains will be 100% back on schedule for Thursday morning's commute after Sunday's deadly derailment.
Crews from Metro-North Railroad have completed the reconstruction of a second Hudson Line track in the area of Sunday's derailment, allowing for the resumption of full service.
The work, including new ties, ballast, running rails, third rails and signal system, was completed in mid-afternoon on Wednesday and it was inspected by the Sperry Rail Car, which uses ultrasonic technology.
"I want to thank our customers for their patience during the railroad's recovery from this most tragic accident," said Metro-North President Howard Permut. "And I want to thank the dedicated men and women of Metro-North who worked long and hard to achieve this reconstruction."
A full AM peak service will be provided on the Hudson Line Thursday. The three trains that did not run on Wednesday morning will be restored to the schedule.
Reconstruction of Track 4, the most seriously damaged, will continue for the remainder of the week.
Ridership on the Hudson Line was about 25% below the normal AM peak on Wednesday, possibly as some customers diverted to the Harlem Line. The railroad expects customers to return on Thursday.
mass transit, metro north, metro north derailment, abc7 traffic center
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 53 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 34 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 47 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 33 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
51 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
53 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp...
47 min ago