ABC7 Traffic Center
George Washington Bridge to have more closures to prevent plate shifting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- All lanes on the George Washington Bridge have reopened after emergency maintenance on a shifting construction plate closed the upper level outbound lanes on Wednesday evening.
The closures were a result of shifting plates that required emergency maintenance.
To prevent further incidents the Port Authority has announced GWB lane closures will continue for the next two nights and next week.
Week of 12/9, 3-lane closure, Monday-Friday on the WESTBOUND roadway to New Jersey:
Week of 12/16, 3-lane closure, Monday-Friday on the WESTBOUND roadway to New Jersey:
Motorists can use the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels as alternate routes.
abc7 traffic center, josh einiger
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade 55 min ago
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations 45 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos