ABC7 Traffic Center
George Washington Bridge to have more closures to prevent plate shifting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- All lanes on the George Washington Bridge have reopened after emergency maintenance on a shifting construction plate closed the upper level outbound lanes on Wednesday evening.
The closures were a result of shifting plates that required emergency maintenance.
To prevent further incidents the Port Authority has announced GWB lane closures will continue for the next two nights and next week.
Week of 12/9, 3-lane closure, Monday-Friday on the WESTBOUND roadway to New Jersey:
Week of 12/16, 3-lane closure, Monday-Friday on the WESTBOUND roadway to New Jersey:
Motorists can use the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels as alternate routes.
abc7 traffic center, josh einiger
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 4 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 1 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos