ABC7 Traffic Center
LIE in Suffolk County reopens
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police have reopened the part of the Long Island Expressway that was closed earlier in both directions because of icing conditions.
The shutdown was from Exits 68 in Shirley to Exit 71 in Riverhead.
Suffolk Police were advising people to stay off the roads because side roads are icing over as well.
Closures on the LIE began at 6 p.m.
Nassau Police are not planning on shutting down the LIE in Nassau County.
long island expressway, abc7 traffic center
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond 19 min ago
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 13 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas 22 min ago