ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR service resumes after earlier suspensions
NEW YORK (WABC) -- All LIRR service has been restored after earlier suspensions due to signal problems earlier Monday.
Service was suspended in both directions between Jamaica and Penn Station and also on the Port Washington branch between Woodside and Penn Station just after 10 a.m.
Eastbound service had been restored between Penn Station and Jamaica, with the first eastbound train departing Penn Station at 12:05 p.m.
Westbound service resumed shortly after with a 12:13 train from Jamaica.
The signal problems originated east of the East River tunnels.
mass transit, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 17 min ago
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified 40 min ago
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV 51 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
17 min ago