ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR service resumes after earlier suspensions
NEW YORK (WABC) -- All LIRR service has been restored after earlier suspensions due to signal problems earlier Monday.
Service was suspended in both directions between Jamaica and Penn Station and also on the Port Washington branch between Woodside and Penn Station just after 10 a.m.
Eastbound service had been restored between Penn Station and Jamaica, with the first eastbound train departing Penn Station at 12:05 p.m.
Westbound service resumed shortly after with a 12:13 train from Jamaica.
The signal problems originated east of the East River tunnels.
mass transit, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 28 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 28 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash 16 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
29 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
14 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
28 min ago