ABC7 Traffic Center
Traffic moving again on GWB after earlier accident
FORT LEE (WABC) -- An accident on the upper level of the George Washington Bridge caused major inbound traffic delays Sunday.
Two tractor trailers colided at about 11:40 Sunday morning. One person sustained minor injuries.
The accident forced the shutdown of the eastbound upper level lanes of the bridge, causing delays of up to 90 minutes.
Port Authority spokesman Anthony Hayes says there were still delays of up to 45 minutes once the lanes reopened. There were no delays into the city on the lower level.
Hayes says traffic returned to normal by 1:30 p.m.
abc7 traffic center
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos