ABC7 Traffic Center
Traffic moving again on GWB after earlier accident
FORT LEE (WABC) -- An accident on the upper level of the George Washington Bridge caused major inbound traffic delays Sunday.
Two tractor trailers colided at about 11:40 Sunday morning. One person sustained minor injuries.
The accident forced the shutdown of the eastbound upper level lanes of the bridge, causing delays of up to 90 minutes.
Port Authority spokesman Anthony Hayes says there were still delays of up to 45 minutes once the lanes reopened. There were no delays into the city on the lower level.
Hayes says traffic returned to normal by 1:30 p.m.
abc7 traffic center
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen