ABC7 Traffic Center
US average gas prices jump 12 cents per gallon
LOS ANGELES -- The average cost of a gallon of regular gasoline rose 12 cents, to $3.41, during the past two weeks.
That's according to a survey released Sunday.
Industry analyst Trilby Lundberg cited changes in the price of crude oil because of violence in the petroleum-producing nations of Venezuela and South Sudan.
Although Lundberg says she expects further increases, the current price is still 38 cents per gallon lower than last year.
The average prices of a gallon of midgrade and premium gas were $3.60 and $3.75, respectively. Diesel averaged $4.01 per gallon.
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 3 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 35 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 42 min ago