ABC7 Traffic Center
US average gas prices jump 12 cents per gallon
LOS ANGELES -- The average cost of a gallon of regular gasoline rose 12 cents, to $3.41, during the past two weeks.
That's according to a survey released Sunday.
Industry analyst Trilby Lundberg cited changes in the price of crude oil because of violence in the petroleum-producing nations of Venezuela and South Sudan.
Although Lundberg says she expects further increases, the current price is still 38 cents per gallon lower than last year.
The average prices of a gallon of midgrade and premium gas were $3.60 and $3.75, respectively. Diesel averaged $4.01 per gallon.
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos