'Duets': Debuts at 8 p.m. on May 24 on ABC7
"Duets" is about to put a whole new spin to the term "it takes two."
This one-of-a-kind singing competition, which will debut at 8 p.m. on May 24 on ABC7, takes the singing superstars out from behind the judges' table and onto the stage! Hey, that 's where we love to see them most anyway, isn't it?
Superstars Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke individually will set out on a journey across America looking for undiscovered talent worthy to be their protégés. Ultimately, each superstar will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, the superstar and their protégé will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience.
In the end, only one duet will be at the top of the charts and the winning amateur will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records. TV personality Quddus, best known from his days as the host of MTV's "Total Request Live," hosts this groundbreaking new singing series.
The duet partners are as follows:
- Bridget Carrington, age 34, from Farmville, Va., partnered with John Legend.
- Olivia Chisholm, age 21, from Charlotte, N.C., partnered with Robin Thicke.
- Jason Farol, age 23, from Torrance, Calif., partnered with Kelly Clarkson.
- Alexis Foster, age 21, from Knoxville, Tenn., partnered with Robin Thicke.
- John Glosson, age 32, from Douglas, Ga., partnered with Jennifer Nettles.
- Johnny Gray, age 37, from Shoreline, Wash., partnered with John Legend.
- Jordan Meredith, age 21, from Kimberly, Wisc., partnered with Kelly Clarkson.
- J Rome, age 25, from Laurel, Md., partnered with Jennifer Nettles.
For more information, visit the the show's official site. You can follow the show on Twitter @DuetsABC or on its Facebook page.
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 20 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77 9 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos