Watch NY Med on ABC 7
NEW YORK -- They are some of the most revered medical experts in the country -- and they happen to call New York City home.
For an entire year, ABC cameras had unprecedented access to document the mayhem and the miracles that occur daily around the surgeons at New York-Presbyterian Hospital and the affiliated Columbia and Weill Cornell Medical Centers as well as Brooklyn's Luthern Medical Center.
The end result was "NY Med," an eight-part series that takes a candid look into what goes on in the emergency room as some of the top surgeons use cutting-edge medicine, pure intuition -- and a little luck -- to help care for addicts, celebrities and regular Joes alike.
In "Episode 105," which airs Tuesday, August 7 at 10:00 p.m. on ABC 7, viewers will meet the following patients, doctors and nurses:
"NY Med" follows the irascible, compassionate and, at times, cocky attending surgeons who try to change the trajectory of lives by relying on sheer medical brilliance and a healthy dose of old fashioned good luck. The eight-part series takes a candid look at how cutting edge medicine often makes the difference, although even the best surgeons can find themselves flirting with disaster. The raucous ER staff trades jibes with strong-willed New Yorkers in moments that can be poignantly heartbreaking or off-the-hook hilarious. These doctors spend far more time with each other than with their families, developing complicated and intertwined personal relationships.
"Medicine is a universal subject. At some point in our lives we or those we love will become patients for one reason or another," said Terry Wrongm the show's executive producer. "This series takes you behind the curtain to learn about those we depend on to fix us and how sometimes they just can't."
Watch the show Tuesdays at 10:00 p.m. this summer on ABC 7!
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash