3 tennis bubbles collapse from snow weight
NEW YORK -- Three tennis bubbles in New York City have collapsed under the weight of snow from the blizzard that smacked the metropolitan region.
The city's Parks Department said Tuesday it had inspected all tennis bubbles on its property and had found no other problems.
Two bubbles at the Prospect Park Tennis Center in Brooklyn and one at Sportime on Randall's Island collapsed Monday. Employees are working to remove snow and repair any damage. The bubbles are expected to reopen early next week.
There are tennis bubbles at more than half a dozen parks throughout the city.
holiday blizzard, winter storm, snow, snow storm, accuweather
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London 46 min ago
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile
- Kickoff to a Long Island Summer today!
44 min ago