3 tennis bubbles collapse from snow weight
NEW YORK -- Three tennis bubbles in New York City have collapsed under the weight of snow from the blizzard that smacked the metropolitan region.
The city's Parks Department said Tuesday it had inspected all tennis bubbles on its property and had found no other problems.
Two bubbles at the Prospect Park Tennis Center in Brooklyn and one at Sportime on Randall's Island collapsed Monday. Employees are working to remove snow and repair any damage. The bubbles are expected to reopen early next week.
There are tennis bubbles at more than half a dozen parks throughout the city.
holiday blizzard, winter storm, snow, snow storm, accuweather
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos