Where to put all the snow in New Jersey
HACKENSACK, New Jersey (WABC) -- All you have to do in New Jersey is throw a snow ball, and you'll hit a huge snow pile.
After seven storms, there is just no place to put it anymore.
Steve Loiacono is the city manager of Hackensack, and says the city is doing its best, but at some point dumping in the river is a real possibility.
The D.E.P. says size of the body of water, flow of that waterway, and impact to downstream dams will all be factors taken into consideration before making a decision. ---
For more information regarding winter safety information or to sign up for the NJOEM Twitter and Facebook pages, please log on to: www.ready.nj.gov. Those without internet access can dial 211.
Authorities are also urging people to stay connected to local and county OEM information outlets, and even the State Police Twitter feed (www.twitter.com/njsp) as this storm unfolds. Motorists are encouraged to check for current road conditions at the New Jersey Department of Transportation website: www.NJ511.info.
new jersey, snow, snowfall totals, snow storm, snow totals, accuweather
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 22 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 57 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest