Where to put all the snow in New Jersey
HACKENSACK, New Jersey (WABC) -- All you have to do in New Jersey is throw a snow ball, and you'll hit a huge snow pile.
After seven storms, there is just no place to put it anymore.
Steve Loiacono is the city manager of Hackensack, and says the city is doing its best, but at some point dumping in the river is a real possibility.
The D.E.P. says size of the body of water, flow of that waterway, and impact to downstream dams will all be factors taken into consideration before making a decision. ---
For more information regarding winter safety information or to sign up for the NJOEM Twitter and Facebook pages, please log on to: www.ready.nj.gov. Those without internet access can dial 211.
Authorities are also urging people to stay connected to local and county OEM information outlets, and even the State Police Twitter feed (www.twitter.com/njsp) as this storm unfolds. Motorists are encouraged to check for current road conditions at the New Jersey Department of Transportation website: www.NJ511.info.
new jersey, snow, snowfall totals, snow storm, snow totals, accuweather
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 27 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 26 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 9 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim 59 min ago
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos