Tornado Warning in NW New Jersey
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for parts of New Jersey until 6:00 p.m.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A * TORNADO WARNING FOR... MONMOUTH COUNTY IN CENTRAL NEW JERSEY... NORTHWESTERN OCEAN COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY... * UNTIL 600 PM EDT * AT 527 PM EDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED A FUNNEL CLOUD NEAR CASSVILLE...OR 16 MILES NORTHWEST OF TOMS RIVER...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH. * THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR... JACKSON BY 535 PM EDT... JACKSONS MILLS BY 545 PM EDT... FREEWOOD ACRES BY 555 PM EDT... ADELPHIA...WEST FREEHOLD...HOWELL AND EAST FREEHOLD BY 600 PM EDT... PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE DURING A TORNADO IS IN A BASEMENT. GET UNDER A WORKBENCH OR OTHER PIECE OF STURDY FURNITURE. IF NO BASEMENT IS AVAILABLE...SEEK SHELTER ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF THE BUILDING IN AN INTERIOR HALLWAY OR ROOM SUCH AS A CLOSET. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS TO COVER YOUR BODY AND ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS.
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident