Four people struck by lightning
TRENTON (WABC) -- Authorities say lightning struck four people in New York City during Wednesday's storms.
A 21 year old woman was struck by lightning at 150th Street and 69th Road, near Queens College, in Kew Gardens Hills section of Queens just before 5:30 p.m.
Officials said the lightning struck the victim's arm and hit her face. She was taken to New York Hospital Queens with non life threatening injuries.
Three other people were injured by lightning at the Bronx Zoo.
A 36-year-old man was struck while walking through Astor Court at 1:00 p.m. A 34 year old mother and her eight year old son were also injured by the strike, knocking them to the ground.
The man and woman were admitted to Jacobi Medical Center in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, storm, storm damage, accuweather
- Actor James Gandolfini dead at 51
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 7 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 9 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Body found near home of Patriots' Aaron Hernandez was homicide... 22 min ago
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos