Nor'easter: 4 townships orders mandatory evacuation
BRICK TOWNSHIP (WABC) -- Areas of the Tri-State that were ravaged by Sandy are now bracing for another nor'easter on tap for Wednesday.
Brick Township in New Jersey issued the first mandatory evacuation order ahead of the storm by ordering some residents out by 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
Residents are urged to CLICK HERE to see if their home falls within a mandatory evacuation zone.
Residents who have homes that have been damaged by Hurricane Sandy are being strongly encouraged to evacuate and seek shelter in a safe location.
For transportation to a shelter, residents can call (732)262-1234.
Also under evacuation are Middletown Township in Monmouth County. There is a mandatory evacuation by 3 p.m. Wednesday from Keansburg to Atlantic Highlands from Route 36 to the bay. For more information please visit: http://bit.ly/Ss7t4S.
There is a mandatory evacuation by 12 a.m. Wednesday morning in Berkeley Township in Ocean County for homes east of Bayview Avenue. Residents can shelter at Central Regional High School. Emergency personnel are going street to street advising residents. For more information please visit: http://on.fb.me/Ss7lCq.
In Toms River Township in Ocean County, there is a mandatory evacuation for anyone on the Barrier Island by 12 p.m. Wednesday. There is a voluntary evacuation for low lying mainland areas by 4 p.m. For more information please visit: http://tomsrivertownship.com/.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, evacuation, hurricane, hurricane sandy, nor'easter, accuweather
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 29 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams