"Eyewitness to Extreme Weather"
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The last two years have already brought historic weather events to the tri-state area, from tornadoes to hurricanes. What's in store for the future? Our Eyewitness News AccuWeather Team takes a closer look in "Eyewitness to Extreme Weather".
Our special starts with Meteorologist Lee Goldberg taking a look at the extreme weather events that have hit the Tri-State area.
Meteorologist Bill Evans takes a closer look Superstorm Sandy. What are the lessons that we can learn? How can we avoid a repeat, and what kind of changes should be made as we rebuild?
Severe Weather seems to come around with more frequency. Is it the new normal? Meteorologist Jeff Smith digs deeper. Technology has drastically improved forecasting technology.
Meteorologist Amy Freeze looks at the newest technology aimed at protecting the public.Plus what can we expect this winter? The Eyewitness News AccuWeather team has the answers. Check out Eyewitness to Extreme Weather.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 37 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams