"Eyewitness to Extreme Weather"
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The last two years have already brought historic weather events to the tri-state area, from tornadoes to hurricanes. What's in store for the future? Our Eyewitness News AccuWeather Team takes a closer look in "Eyewitness to Extreme Weather".
Our special starts with Meteorologist Lee Goldberg taking a look at the extreme weather events that have hit the Tri-State area.
Meteorologist Bill Evans takes a closer look Superstorm Sandy. What are the lessons that we can learn? How can we avoid a repeat, and what kind of changes should be made as we rebuild?
Severe Weather seems to come around with more frequency. Is it the new normal? Meteorologist Jeff Smith digs deeper. Technology has drastically improved forecasting technology.
Meteorologist Amy Freeze looks at the newest technology aimed at protecting the public.Plus what can we expect this winter? The Eyewitness News AccuWeather team has the answers. Check out Eyewitness to Extreme Weather.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures