"Eyewitness to Extreme Weather"
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The last two years have already brought historic weather events to the tri-state area, from tornadoes to hurricanes. What's in store for the future? Our Eyewitness News AccuWeather Team takes a closer look in "Eyewitness to Extreme Weather".
Our special starts with Meteorologist Lee Goldberg taking a look at the extreme weather events that have hit the Tri-State area.
Meteorologist Bill Evans takes a closer look Superstorm Sandy. What are the lessons that we can learn? How can we avoid a repeat, and what kind of changes should be made as we rebuild?
Severe Weather seems to come around with more frequency. Is it the new normal? Meteorologist Jeff Smith digs deeper. Technology has drastically improved forecasting technology.
Meteorologist Amy Freeze looks at the newest technology aimed at protecting the public.Plus what can we expect this winter? The Eyewitness News AccuWeather team has the answers. Check out Eyewitness to Extreme Weather.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 2 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster