"Eyewitness to Extreme Weather"
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The last two years have already brought historic weather events to the tri-state area, from tornadoes to hurricanes. What's in store for the future? Our Eyewitness News AccuWeather Team takes a closer look in "Eyewitness to Extreme Weather".
Our special starts with Meteorologist Lee Goldberg taking a look at the extreme weather events that have hit the Tri-State area.
Meteorologist Bill Evans takes a closer look Superstorm Sandy. What are the lessons that we can learn? How can we avoid a repeat, and what kind of changes should be made as we rebuild?
Severe Weather seems to come around with more frequency. Is it the new normal? Meteorologist Jeff Smith digs deeper. Technology has drastically improved forecasting technology.
Meteorologist Amy Freeze looks at the newest technology aimed at protecting the public.Plus what can we expect this winter? The Eyewitness News AccuWeather team has the answers. Check out Eyewitness to Extreme Weather.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 16 min ago
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance 50 min ago
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade