Light snow makes for slippery morning commute
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There might not be a lot of accumulation, but light snow across the Tri-State Area Tuesday morning is making for a treacherous morning commute.
It's nuisance snow, which started falling late Monday night and is expected to continue through most of the morning.
Crews were out salting the roads and highways ahead of the minor storm in an effort to prevent any accidents that could stall traffic or, worse, cost lives.
Temperatures are not expected to rise above freezing, and commuters are urged to drive cautiously and use mass transit if possible. Allow extra time to get to work, and remember to brush the snow off your vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new jersey, long island, connecticut, westchester county, snow, accuweather
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11 40 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos