Storms cause flooding, damage in New Jersey
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A line of thunderstorms caused some damage and street flooding in parts of New Jersey on Thursday.
Heavy rains from storms flooded Route 35 in Neptune and some motorists decided to try their luck in the rising waters. One became stranded on Route 35 at 3rd Avenue in Neptune.
Further south, workers fixed a sinkhole that forced officials to divert northbound traffic off the Garden State Parkway at Exit 58 in Little Egg Harbor Township.
Trees and power lines were knocked down outside Cape May County Park as were four utility poles in Deerfield. Observers reported pea- to penny-sized hail in Linwood.
The Six Flags Great Adventure Amusement Park in Jackson closed early because of the weather.
Utility crews restored service to nearly 5,000 customers who lost power during the storms.
Friday should still be a cool day, with clouds and some peeks of sunshine.
flooding, storm, storm damage, accuweather
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos