HUD secretary to update Superstorm Sandy rebuilding in New Jersey
LITTLE FERRY -- U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan will be in New Jersey to update the state's rebuilding efforts in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
Gov. Chris Christie will join Donovan for the event in Little Ferry Tuesday.
President Barack Obama named Donovan to lead the Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force.
On Monday, he released a report that makes 69 recommendations for developing a strategy for rebuilding areas damaged by Sandy.
Most of the recommendations focus on planning for future storms in an age of climate change and rising sea levels. It calls for development of a more advanced electrical grid and the creation of better planning tools and standards for storm-damaged communities.
superstorm sandy, hurricane sandy, accuweather
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos