HUD secretary to update Superstorm Sandy rebuilding in New Jersey
LITTLE FERRY -- U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan will be in New Jersey to update the state's rebuilding efforts in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
Gov. Chris Christie will join Donovan for the event in Little Ferry Tuesday.
President Barack Obama named Donovan to lead the Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force.
On Monday, he released a report that makes 69 recommendations for developing a strategy for rebuilding areas damaged by Sandy.
Most of the recommendations focus on planning for future storms in an age of climate change and rising sea levels. It calls for development of a more advanced electrical grid and the creation of better planning tools and standards for storm-damaged communities.
superstorm sandy, hurricane sandy, accuweather
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 39 min ago
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 35 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 27 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 22 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
18 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
35 min ago