EF1 tornado confirmed in Bergen County
PARAMUS, N.J. (WABC) -- The National Weather Service says an EF1 tornado touched down in Paramus Monday.
The estimated maximum wind speeds were 100 miles an hour.
The most significant damage was in George Washington Memorial Park Cemetary in Paramus, and in the Paramus Golf and Ridgewood Country Clubs.
Trees were snapped and uprooted.
As a line of severe thunderstorms moved Northeast, the weather service says a portion of the line accelerated and produced a weak tornado as it moved across Bergen County.
A tornado is classified as EF1 when wind speeds are 86 to 110 miles an hour.
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 5 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
19 min ago
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos