EF1 tornado confirmed in Bergen County
PARAMUS, N.J. (WABC) -- The National Weather Service says an EF1 tornado touched down in Paramus Monday.
The estimated maximum wind speeds were 100 miles an hour.
The most significant damage was in George Washington Memorial Park Cemetary in Paramus, and in the Paramus Golf and Ridgewood Country Clubs.
Trees were snapped and uprooted.
As a line of severe thunderstorms moved Northeast, the weather service says a portion of the line accelerated and produced a weak tornado as it moved across Bergen County.
A tornado is classified as EF1 when wind speeds are 86 to 110 miles an hour.
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 27 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 40 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 37 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
56 min ago