Connecticut man gets back memories lost to Superstorm Sandy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man in Connecticut has been reunited with some of his most prized possessions after thinking he'd lost everything to Superstorm Sandy.
John McKean's home in Fairfield was destroyed by the storm.
He has spent so much time cleaning up, all while feeling guilty that home movies and family photographs he was entrusted with were completely wiped away.
But then, a waterlogged video cassette was discovered, and a video lab was able to take that footage and transfer it to DVDs.
"This is again the only pictures now that I have," he said. "Everything else is just completely gone. You can imagine how valuable that is."
McKean says the videos and pictures are irreplaceable, and he's glad to have these family memories back.
superstorm sandy, fairfield, connecticut, accuweather
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 31 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 59 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
31 min ago