Connecticut man gets back memories lost to Superstorm Sandy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man in Connecticut has been reunited with some of his most prized possessions after thinking he'd lost everything to Superstorm Sandy.
John McKean's home in Fairfield was destroyed by the storm.
He has spent so much time cleaning up, all while feeling guilty that home movies and family photographs he was entrusted with were completely wiped away.
But then, a waterlogged video cassette was discovered, and a video lab was able to take that footage and transfer it to DVDs.
"This is again the only pictures now that I have," he said. "Everything else is just completely gone. You can imagine how valuable that is."
McKean says the videos and pictures are irreplaceable, and he's glad to have these family memories back.
superstorm sandy, fairfield, connecticut, accuweather
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 11 hurt 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 13 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos