Airports back open with minor delays/Mass transit info
CLIFTON (WABC) -- Travel conditions were getting back to normal Saturday at airports across the Tri State area.
All three of our local airports are only reporting minor delays but passengers may be backlogged due to Friday's cancellations. The airlines cancelled nearly 500 flights in our area Friday, leaving a lot of frustrated travelers.
At least three flights coming into LaGuardia had to be diverted because of poor visibility during their approach.
Commuters are urged to take mass transit.
Those who must get behind the wheel are urged to drive slowly and use caution, but public transportation may be the way to go.
New York City Subway
Subway cars were stored underground on express tracks to protect the equipment. Because of this, all trains will run local until all stored trains are moved from the express tracks.
Customers can anticipate delays throughout the city due to road conditions. The Department of Buses has installed tire chains on all buses going into service. Routes and service levels will be evaluated in the morning.
Long Island Rail Road
LIRR will be operate on it's normal weekend schedule Saturday.
Metro-North will operate on it's normal Saturday schedule.
Depending on conditions, customers may want to reconsider travel, unless medically necessary.
Bridges and Tunnels
All MTA bridges and tunnels remain open. Due to high winds and road conditions motorists are asked to drive at reduced speeds.
PATH trains are running on a normal schedule, but passengers should be prepared to face some delays.
New Jersey Transit
New Jersey Transit is expected to operate on a normal schedule this weekend.
Amtrak Amtrak plans to operate nearly all scheduled Acela Express and Northeast Regional service between Washington, New York and Boston on the Northeast Corridor Saturday, Jan. 4. Passengers should expect minor delays due to weather conditions that continue to impact the railroad, and are encouraged to allow extra time for travel to, from and within stations.
Check alerts at, http://www.amtrak.com/service-alerts-and-notices
new jersey, new jersey news, snow storm, snow, snow totals, snowfall totals, accuweather
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 41 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion 7 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 28 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 35 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
35 min ago
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
11 min ago