AccuWeather Forecast for the New York area
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Winter Weather Advisories have been posted for much of the region Tuesday. Snow is falling throughout the area, with accumulations of 2"-4" expected before ending in the afternoon. 6" amounts are possible in a band just to the south and southwest of the city, back into central New Jersey. The high will be around freezing.
Tuesday night will turn out clear and cold with a low of 24.
Wednesday will be mostly sunny and cold with a high of 32. Thursday will be mostly sunny, breezy and cold with a high of 26.
Friday will be mostly sunny and cold with a high of 30. Saturday will be mostly cloudy and not as cold with snow and rain possible. The high will be around 40.
Sunday will be sunny to partly cloudy and windy with a high of 38. Expect clouds and sun on Monday with a high of 35.
Meteorologist Jeff Smith
accuweather, rain, forecast
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 49 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 49 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays
- Snow coming down in New York City 27 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 2 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island 10 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Driver killed in Queens after crashing into storefront
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Snow coming down in New York City
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos