AccuWeather Forecast for the New York area
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There will be showers in the early morning hours on Saturday.
The showers will be followed by a partial clearing and there will be a breeze once again. There will be some cold air advection at 850 mb Saturday with those temperatures mixing dry adiabatically down to the surface. Highs should still reach the 50s despite the CAA. High pressure will move into the Great Lakes for Sunday and colder air in the lower levels will settle over the Northeast and mid-Atlantic. Thus, it will be noticeably colder Sunday compared to Friday and Saturday.
There has been a noticeable shift northward with regards to the next system for Sunday night into Monday and every model is now showing accumulating snow for parts of the mid-Atlantic into southern New England. Of course, there are differences in the details of each model. The 00Z runs of the NAM and CMC are the farthest north, while the 00Z GFS and ECMWF are farthest south and are fairly similar to one another.
There will be high pressure (around 1028mb) over eastern Canada with anticyclonic flow across the Northeast. This will also continue to the flow of dry low-level air into the northern portion of this system. With the location of the high, which really has not changed much from run-to-run of the models, you would think the precipitation would have a tough time pushing as far north as some of the models are depicting. South of the Mason-Dixon line there will be a transition area with a mixture of precipitation types. Confidence remains low with the outcome of this event, specifically with how far north the snow will reach, but using terms like "chance" or "potential" for accumulating snow seems appropriate.
Have a great weekend!
accuweather, rain, snow, snow storm, forecast
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey