AccuWeather Forecast for the New York area
NEW YORK (WABC) -- As far as Friday and the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend are concerned, we now have some pretty interesting challenges as far as getting the forecast details ironed out, especially for both Friday and Saturday.
Downpours early on Friday with drenching rain dwindling by afternoon. Much cooler temperatures settle in and remain for the next two days.
Saturday is now looking like there will be plenty of clouds and even some rain.
Temperatures also are going to be a challenge, because we can envision a scenario where it may be hard-pressed to get out of the 50s in some places on Saturday, if it were cloudy enough. Even though rain may not occur beyond Saturday morning, there will be a gusty wind and it will be noticeably cooler as a deep, upper level trough begins to dig into the Northeast and the mid-Atlantic states.
While the outlook for Sunday and Memorial Day is better as high pressure begins to build into the area, we still have some serious concerns about just how dreary Saturday might be -- with the possibility of a few hours of rain and temperatures about 10 or 15 degrees below the seasonal averages. www.twitter.com/AmyFreeze
Have a good day! Meteorologist Amy Freeze
accuweather, cold, cold weather, snow, snow storm, rain, forecast
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos