ABC 7's "Make Over My Mom!" Sweepstakes
Official Rules and Regulations
March 28-April 20, 2011
1. Introduction: WLS-TV/ABC 7 Chicago is offering viewers and users the chance to participate in the "Make Over My Mom" Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Two (2) winners will be selected at random on or around April 28th, 2010.
2. Eligibility: Entrants must be 18 years of age and be legal residents of the United States and of the ABC 7 Chicago viewing areas. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for WLS Television, Inc., WLS-TV/Chicago and any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the sweepstakes or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals (collectively the "Sweepstakes Entities"),are not eligible to enter or play. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year."
3. Timing: Sweepstakes Entry begins at 12:01AM C.T. on March 28th, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. C.T. on April 10th, 2011. Voting begins April 18th thru April 22nd, 2011.
4. How to Enter: Between March 28th thru April 10th, 2011 viewers and users will be encouraged to submit a video up to 1 minute in length explaining why their mother deserves a Makeover. Each entrant is encouraged to include the mother they are nominating in the video and enter via one of the three ways below:
(A) VIDEO ENTRY: Send a Video Entry including you and the mother you are nominating to USeeIt@abc7chicago.com. Make sure you include your name, address, phone number and email address as part of the description when submitting your videos. All standard carrier-video messaging charges will apply.
(B) ONLINE/E-MAIL Entry: Go to Useeit.abc7chicago.com, log in to your existing account or sign up for a new one, and upload your video to the "Mom Deserves a Makeover" channel. The following media formats are supported: .3g2, .3gpp2, .3gp, .3g2, .3gpp2, .avi, .flv, .gif, .jpg, .mp4, .mpg, .mp2, .mpa, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .png, .mov, .qt, .wmv. Uploaded files may not be larger than 50 MB
(C) POSTCARD ENTRY: Send a picture of yourself and the mother you are nominating in a self addressed envelope to include your name, address and daytime telephone number to "Make Over My Mom Sweepstakes," c/o WLS-TV, P.O. Box 64389, Chicago, Illinois 60664-0389. Postcard entries must be postmarked within the Sweepstakes period.
Sweepstakes Entities not responsible for failed, partial or garbled transmissions, or technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software, If for any reason the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planed, including infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, other cause beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, systems, servers, or providers, cellular device, software, failure of any electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's cellular device related to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over an electronic entry, prize will be awarded to the owner of the e-mail account. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person (per email address, IP address or phone number). Each day of the Sweepstakes Period is defined by Central Standard Time.
5. HOW AND WHEN A WINNER WILL BE SELECTED AND NOTIFIED: Ten finalists will be randomly selected from all original Sweepstakes Entries and posted online at abc7chicago.com for a Voting Period. Beginning April 18th, 2011 thru April 20th, 2011, viewers and users will be encouraged to vote on the mother they think deserves a makeover, based on the ten videos/entries posted. Two winners will be selected as the Final Sweepstakes Winners based on viewer/user votes received April 18th thru April 22nd, 2011. The Sweepstakes will take place under the supervision of the Sponsor (ABC 7 Chicago), pursuant to written drawing procedures approved by the Sponsors. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Potential winners will be notified by phone, e-mail or mail. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within one (1) day after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, or fails to comply with eligibility or other requirements, prize will not be awarded.
6. Prize: (2) Individuals will be awarded a Makeover to include an updated Hair Style, Make-Up Session and one outfit, all determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Federal, State and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. To claim prize, (a) winner must provide proof of age, identity and residency, and (b) winner must sign and return affidavit of eligibility/compliance with rules, publicity/liability release and indemnification by 12:00 PM CDT on April 27th, 2011, Winners must be available for their Makeovers during the week of April 25th. Winners must agree for an ABC 7 producer and photographer to come to their home to tape a profile interview. That interview must take place before the Makeover. The winners also agree for an ABC 7 producer and photographer to tape the Makeover process including haircut, makeup session, and wardrobe selection. The winners agree to appear on ABC 7 News at 11 AM in the WLS Studios at 190 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60601 on Wednesday, May 5th for a live makeover reveal. Winners must agree to participate in all video segments to be recorded between April 25th and May 5th as they relate to the Makeover and to be aired on all ABC 7 Chicago platforms. Estimated Retail Prize Value: $500.00.
7. Releases: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and by decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this sweepstakes and accepting any prize that they win, entrants agree to release WLS Television, Inc., WLS-TV/Chicago and their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims injury, loss or damage arising in any manner directly or indirectly, from participation in this sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of this prize. Entrants also authorize the Released Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming or promotional material or on a winner's list without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
8. Winners List: Prize winner's names will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope no later than June 30th, 2011 to: ABC 7's "Make Over My Mom" Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 64389, Chicago, Illinois 60664-0389.