ABC 7 Chicago's "Scavenger Hunt"
11/07/2011 -- 11/18/2011
Rules for your chance to win an iPad2:
1. HOW IT WORKS: No Purchase Necessary. Internet access is required.
Access to ABC 7 Facebook and Twitter accounts are optional but not necessary.
ABC 7 News will conduct a clue based scavenger hunt beginning at 5:00AM CT
Monday, November 7th, 2011 until 11:59PM CT, Friday, November 18th, 2011. Every
Monday thru Friday during the promotion period and beginning at 5AM, four (4)
unique "clues" will be released and posted on the ABC 7 Chicago Early Morning
News, abc7chicago.com, Facebook on the Wall for ABC7 Chicago News This Morning
and Twitter at a Tweet labeled "Clue of the Day". The "clue" on abc7chicago.com
will remain posted until only 11:59PM the same day. Viewers and Users will be
asked to guess the "answer of the day" based on the four (4) unique "clues" of
the day provided. Participants will need to complete the online entry form at
www.abc7chicago.com and provide the "answer of the day," including their first
name, last name, address, city, state, date of birth, phone number, e-mail
address if applicable.
One entry per person per day and no mechanically reproduced entries are permitted. Online entries must be received between 5:00AM and 11:59PM each day of the sweepstakes through November 18th, 2011. One winner per day will be selected by random drawing based on all entries that are submitted with the correct answer. A total of ten (10) winners will be selected throughout the entire campaign. One winner will be announced following each day of the contest period, Monday through Friday, November 7th through November 18th, 2011, on ABC 7 Early Morning News from 5-7AM. The first winner will be announced on November 8th, 2011.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be 18+ years old and residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. Limit one entry per person per day. Multiple entries per day will result in disqualification of all entries in this Sweepstakes by such a person. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns), who have, within the past six months, performed services for WLS Television, Inc, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the contest or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or play. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, stepparents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Void where prohibited.
3. TO CLAIM PRIZE: Winners will be contacted by telephone and/or U.S. mail by WLS Television. Prize will be sent after winner notification and verification. No substitutions or transfer of prize will be permitted. To claim prize, (a) winner must provide proof of age, identity and residency, (b) winner must sign and return affidavit of eligibility/compliance with rules, publicity/liability release and indemnification within 21 days of notification.
4. VERIFICATION: Winning entries are subject to verification. Any entry which is ineligible, mutilated, altered, duplicated, tampered with or was not obtained legitimately is null and void. All entries become property of WLS Television, Inc. WLS Television, Inc., is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware of software. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, other causes beyond sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the giveaway, WLS Television, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any individuals who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure or any email or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material from this sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute of an electronic entry, prize will be awarded to the name on the entry form, not the owner of the email account.
5. AVAILABLE PRIZE/OFFER: Odds of winning are based on the total numbers of entries submitted. Ten (10) winners will be selected and each will receive one (1) Apple iPad 2 MC769LL/A 9.7" LED 16 GB Tablet Computer; includes Wi-Fi - Apple A5 1 GHz - Black - Multi-touch Screen 1024 x 768 XGA Display - Bluetooth - Webcam - iOS 4 - 10 Hour Battery. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the retail value of prize. Total retail value is $498.77 plus tax service and shipping fees. Prize does not include any service or overage fees. iPad is a registered trademark of Apple, which is not a sponsor of or affiliated with this sweepstakes in any way.
6. GENERAL RULES: WLS Television is the sole sponsor of this promotion. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and/or Twitter. No substitutions or transfer of prize will be permitted. Prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value, except by WLS Television, Inc., in its sole discretion. Winner must be 18 or older. Prizes must be claimed within 21 days of notification; unclaimed prizes will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining entries. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsors are not responsible for late, postage due, lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or illegible mail. Verification of winners is under the supervision of WLS Television, Inc, whose decision is final as to all promotion related matters. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the sponsors with respect to all contest related matters. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the sponsor and its agencies to use winner's name, city of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner/s also agrees to release WLS Television, Inc, from any and all claims for damage, expense, injury or harm resulting from their participation in this giveaway and their acceptance or use of the prize. For the name of the winner, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to ABC 7 Chicago's "Scavenger Hunt" c/o WLS Television, 190 N. State Street, Chicago, Illinois 60601 by December 31st, 2011. Void where prohibited by law.