5 of 9: Our Lady of the Angels church reopens Saturday on Chicago's West Side as a new Catholic mission. A fire engulfed the parish school back in 1958. Ninety-two students and three nuns died. The tragedy forced a reform of school building and safety codes in Chicago and across the nation. The parish closed in 1991, and the building was rented to a Baptist church until 2009. Cardinal Francis George celebrates a rededication Mass at the church Saturday. (WLS Photo)

Tags:
local
Share this gallery
Advertisement