Henry Gribbohm loses life savings at carnival, wins giant stuffed banana with dreadlocks
April 30, 2013 (MANCHESTER, NH) (WLS) -- A New Hampshire man says he lost his $2600 life savings on a carnival game and all he has to show for it is a stuffed banana with dreadlocks.
Henry Gribbohm took his kids to a Manchester, New Hampshire carnival and was playing a game called "Tubs of Fun" to win an Xbox Kinect.
He says his practice tries were easy but when he played for real, the balls didn't work the same way. Gribbohm kept trying to win his money back, dropping $300 in just a few minutes.
He then went home and got his $2300 dollar nest egg and lost all of that money too.
"It's not possible that it wasn't rigged," he said.
The operator gave him back $600 and a giant banana. He filed a police report and an investigation is underway.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 9 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer 17 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee 26 min ago
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 28 min ago
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations continue
21 min ago
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
16 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
26 min ago