Henry Gribbohm loses life savings at carnival, wins giant stuffed banana with dreadlocks
April 30, 2013 (MANCHESTER, NH) (WLS) -- A New Hampshire man says he lost his $2600 life savings on a carnival game and all he has to show for it is a stuffed banana with dreadlocks.
Henry Gribbohm took his kids to a Manchester, New Hampshire carnival and was playing a game called "Tubs of Fun" to win an Xbox Kinect.
He says his practice tries were easy but when he played for real, the balls didn't work the same way. Gribbohm kept trying to win his money back, dropping $300 in just a few minutes.
He then went home and got his $2300 dollar nest egg and lost all of that money too.
"It's not possible that it wasn't rigged," he said.
The operator gave him back $600 and a giant banana. He filed a police report and an investigation is underway.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting 9 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen 6 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout