Corrections officer dies in car accident
June 17, 2007 (WLS) -- A Cook County Department of Corrections officer is dead after crashing his vintage car.
Robert Williams, 43, died after he swerved to avoid hitting a motorcycle. It happened near the intersection of 85th Street and S. South Chicago. The man's 1967 Buick crashed into a parked truck.
Williams was a 15-year veteran of the sheriff's office.
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
43 min ago