Corrections officer dies in car accident
June 17, 2007 (WLS) -- A Cook County Department of Corrections officer is dead after crashing his vintage car.
Robert Williams, 43, died after he swerved to avoid hitting a motorcycle. It happened near the intersection of 85th Street and S. South Chicago. The man's 1967 Buick crashed into a parked truck.
Williams was a 15-year veteran of the sheriff's office.
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Hanover Park man charged with indecent solicitation gets $250K...
- Victim ID'd, 2nd car sought after fatal Skokie tree crash
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas 11 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
53 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open in...
21 min ago