O'Hare expansion official arrested in Bensenville
August 24, 2007 (WLS) -- Bensenville Police arrested two people Friday as crews from Chicago tried to board up properties in Bensenville.
The general council on the O'Hare Modernization Project, Jamie Rhee, and a foreman from the board up company face public nuisance charges.
The city purchased properties in Bensenville for the O'Hare expansion project. A judge ruled last month that the city can't do anything to those properties while tests are done to determine the impact demolition would have on the neighborhood.
City officials tell ABC7 they have the right to maintain and board up their properties and they plan on trying again on Monday.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
15 min ago