Bond denied in Little Village murders
CHICAGO (WLS) -- A judge has denied bond for Ignacio Castellanos, who is charged in connection to two murders in the city's Little Village neighborhood.
Investigators say Castellanos, 26, stabbed two men to death Saturday night in a gangway in the 2700-block of South Drake. The two dead men have been identified as 18-year-old Rafael Villagrana and Landa Ramirez, who is believed to have been in his 30s. Police believe one of the victims was Castellanos' brother-in-law.
Two other men were hurt.
Police say the stabbings stemmed from an on-going dispute.
Castellanos is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of aggravated battery with a weapon.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 5 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 13 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 46 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
5 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos